past participle


http://funtoteach.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Past-participle-screen-shot-1.jpg


Past participles are formed from verbs. Past participles (just like present participles) can be used as adjectives or used to form verb tenses.


A nice poem that contains past participle - gone 

simple-go 

past-went 

past participle-gone

Remember 

Remember me when I am gone away, 
         Gone far away into the silent land; 
         When you can no more hold me by the hand, 
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay. 
Remember me when no more day by day 
         You tell me of our future that you planned: 
         Only remember me; you understand 
It will be late to counsel then or pray. 
Yet if you should forget me for a while 
         And afterwards remember, do not grieve: 
         For if the darkness and corruption leave 
         A vestige of the thoughts that once I had, 
Better by far you should forget and smile 
         Than that you should remember and be sad.

answer: gone 

Comments